In today’s message at Church Without Limits I want to focus on the area of breakthrough in our finances
A) It is God’s will that we would walk in freedom!
- Luke 4:18 – The Spirit of the LORD is upon me and he has anointed me…
- Isaiah 10:27 – The burden shall be removed and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing…
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 – Where the Spirit of the LORD is there is freedom
- Galatians 5:1 – It was for freedom that Christ has set us free
- 1 John 3:8 – For this purpose was the son of God manifested to destroy the works of the devil… (destroy = luo… to loosen, unbind, set free)
- Q: Can you clearly see from the scriptures that God’s will for you life is that you would be free? YES!
B) This freedom includes the financial area of our lives – God’s will is that you would live in financial freedom!
- Q: Do you currently live in financial freedom?
- Let’s look at some definitions of “free”:
- Able to act at will
- Not under restraint
- Exempt from restriction
- Not subject to constraint
- Not subject to payment or charge, such as rent or mortgage
- Ready, generous, liberal and lavish in giving
- Without impediment
C) Why does God want us to be financially free?
- He loves you! (Matt. 7:11)
- He loves your marriage/family (John 10:10)
- Financial stress is one of the leading causes (some say it is the leading cause) of divorces in North America
- Financial shortage (and debt pressure) over time leads to chronic stress – which damages health, communication, intimacy and even fertility.
- Poverty is not a blessing but a curse!
- Our mandate: raise up missionaries to the G.T.A. — a missionary is sent by the LORD and builds everything in their life around their mission.
- Rick Renner Interpretation: “You emphatically must know what I am about to tell you! In the very last part of the last days, in the very end of the age, hurtful, harmful, dangerous, unpredictable, uncontrollable, high-risk periods of time will come.”
- In the years ahead we will come into times of financial turmoil that we have ever known… there will be massive financial upheaval – the “god” of greed/materialism is going to come crashing down.
- Like Joseph in Egypt when the LORD gave him prophetic insight – God is giving his church a heads up about the times that are coming so we can be prepared!
In coming messages in the next number of weeks I will take time to teach on how we can walk in this financial freedom and this will be on of our major themes as we enter 2012!
Key: Matthew 6:33 (AMP) – But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.