It’s been a busy week in my world… lot’s of stuff at Toronto City Church, my wife is in India… still I was able to get some ‘good food’ for my mind and soul. Here are some highlights:
- Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson – this was an assignment from my Bishop (I’m actually a little behind… catching up). Really good stuff on chasing the dreams that God has given you and believing big. A great quote: “Life is about more than arriving safely at death”
- The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere, Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris – this is not a Christian book and I don’t agree with everything in it… but it has really challenged and encouraged me so far in a number of areas. It is very thought-provoking.
- Top-Ten Ways Churches Drive Away First Time Guests by Thom Rainer – great little article that has some real nuggets about welcoming people in your church. You might be surprised by some of what is on the list.
- What To Do When Your Spirit is Inwardly Disturbed by Rick Renner – every Christian leader (and really every Christian) needs to understand and heed the truth in this Sparkling Gems from the Greek devotional from Rick.
- Erik Fish – got in a training session this week with PastorsCoach.com and Erik Fish shared for a bit about real discipleship and what it looks like… some real good stuff. I’m planning to dig in a bit more to what he teaches.
- The Passion Translation is on BibleGateway.com – I got the Passion Translation for Christmas and am loving it… was hoping they would get it online soon and here it is! It is such a great translation!
I’m off to a Pastors Retreat early this week so I’m sure I will be exposed to a number of great resources that I will be passing on!
Thanks for taking the time to read. Feel free to leave a comment below. If you would like to have new posts delivered directly to your e-mail please click on the folder icon in the menu bar above and enter your e-mail address to subscribe.