This week I’m at the OBFF National Conference and I had the opportunity to chair a panel discussion on “Impacting the Next Generation”. I had prepared a handout with some key points and recommended resources and wanted to make sure I posted it here as well:
OBFF 2018: Impacting the Next Generation
- We believe in “cross-generational” ministry
- We reject any form of a ‘generation war’ and recognize the need to walk together
- We recognize that culture is rapidly changing and we have a responsibility to step out in ‘Spirit-led’ engagement of our culture
- The onus is on Fathers/Mothers to engage/empower Sons/Daughters
Some Key Areas to Consider:
- Our culture is undergoing massive, massive change – are we changing with it?
- Are you interacting with and dialoguing with the next generation?
- Are “next generation” leaders reflected throughout your ministry?
- How is your church website and social media presence?
- Are you learning from churches that are impacting the next generation?
- 5 Things Millennials Are Looking for In Your Church
- 7 Things Every Leader Should Know About Working with Millennials
- 10 Ways Millennials are shaping local congregations
- How to Tell If Your Church is Positioned to Draw Millennials
- 6 Keys for Reaching Millennials in Established Churches
- How Many Average Churches are Reaching Millennials
- Pastor Willie George on shifting their church to reach the next generation
- Book: Connecting to Millennials by Thom and Jess Rainer
- Passion to Reach Ministries
- Faith Tech
Photo by Zachary Nelson on Unsplash