03: A HEART FOR GOD
1 Corinthians 16:9 (ESV) – for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
- We are in a season where great and effective doors are going to be opening…
- I’m sensing a double focus – stepping through doors but also preparing for doors that are about to open …but there will also be many adversaries
If we are going to walk through these doors… (and even beyond that… simply because God is our heavenly Father and He wants us to mature and grow) each one of us needs to allow the Lord to do work in our hearts.
- We need allow God to work in us so He can work with us and through us
- The degree to which will allow the Lord to work in our hearts is directly proportionate to the degree to which we will walk in our destiny/purpose
- In this season each one of us needs to allow the Lord to work in our hearts.
Psalm 139:23-24 (TPT) – 23 God, I invite your searching gaze into my heart. Examine me through and through; find out everything that may be hidden within me. Put me to the test and sift through all my anxious cares. 24 See if there is any path of pain I’m walking on, and lead me back to your glorious, everlasting ways—the path that brings me back to you.
OUR FOCUS: HAVING A HEART FOR GOD
Matthew 22:37-40 – 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
TPT – 37 Jesus answered him, “‘Love the Lord your God with every passion of your heart, with all the energy of your being, and with every thought that is within you.’[b] 38 This is the great and supreme commandment.
STORY: ICA Meeting
- Psalm 27
- Psalm 63
- Psalm 84
Key Indicators of a “Healthy Appetite”:
- Heart for Jesus
- Heart for the Word
- Heart for Prayer
- Heart for Worship
- Heart to Give
- Heart to Serve
- Heart for Souls
- Heart for Purity
Luke 24:32 (ESV) – They said to each other, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”
Hebrews 12:28-29 (TPT) – 28 Since we are receiving our rights to an unshakeable kingdom we should be extremely thankful and offer God the purest worship that delights his heart as we lay down our lives in absolute surrender, filled with awe. 29 For our God is a holy, devouring fire
Want to get more plugged into Toronto City Church? Here’s 3 simple ways:
- Attend our monthly TCC Family Night (First Friday)
- Join a Connexion Group
- Start serving in a Ministry