Prophetic Roadmap for 2019
2019 is a year:
- That will rise and fall on our prayer lives.
- To step out into new things that God is doing in your life.
- For a new level of maturity.
- To grow in and develop our faith and to exercise our faith
- To stand with our church family members who are believing for spouses
- For us to focus our prayer/action on the upcoming National Elections
- For us to contend for revival
I want us to take some time to focus on relationships and talk about the direct link between revival and relationships
OUR Mission: To be a spiritual family where every person encounters God’s unconditional love, is established in their identity and equipped and engaged for their purpose
- 1 Timothy 3:15 (GWT) – “I want you to know how people who are members of God’s family must live. God’s family is the church”
- Psalm 68:6 (NKJV) – God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
- We are on a journey of learning to do church as a family
- Family is all about relationships
- Relationship = the way in which two or more people (or concepts or objects) are connected, or the state of being connected.
- Our relationships – our connection – with God and with each other really, really matters!
Matthew 22:34-40 (TPT) – …. “‘Love the Lord your God with every passion of your heart, with all the energy of your being, and with every thought that is within you.’ 38 This is the great and supreme commandment. 39 And the second is like it in importance: ‘You must love your friend in the same way you love yourself.’…
- Your relationship with God really matters
- The first commandment is to love Him ‘with every passion of your heart, with all the energy of your being, and with every thought that is within you’
- Our first calling is to not to do things for God but to know Him – the high call is to pursue the knowledge of God
- It is very easy to get caught up in ‘doing church’ and lose sight of your relationship with God
- Question: What is the state of your relationship with God today?
Jesus didn’t finish there… he went onto say ‘and the second is like it in importance’ YOU MUST LOVE YOUR FRIEND IN THE SAME WAY YOU LOVE YOURSELF’
- Our relationship with God really matters but our relationship with one another really matters too!
- My observation has been that most of us have a lot more awareness of the importance of our relationship with God than we do of the importance of our relationships with each other and yet Jesus said ‘and the second is like it in importance’
- Most of us are very familiar with the term neighbour being used in this passage rather than friend – in the text when it was translated from Aramaic it was the word karen which means ‘one who is close to you’ (emotionally or by proximity).
When Jesus was asked what was the most important thing He said it was our ‘love relationship’ with God and our ‘love relationship’ with one another.
In other words, I can preach, pray, prophesy, serve, sacrifice, give, be really spiritual but if my relationships are not right then it’s not right!
1 Cor 13:1-3 (ESV) – If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
John 13:34-35 (ESV) – 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- We are called to love ‘one another’ (Do a study on the term ‘one another’ in the scriptures)
- This is all about ‘connection to one another’ – relationship
Acts 2:42-47 (ESV) – 42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers….
- Relationship is woven all through this passage… They devoted themselves to the apostles teaching and the fellowship, to breaking of bread and the prayers… All who believed were together… And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all… And day by day… attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes…
The revival that I believe the Lord wants us to walk in and steward will be directly connected to our relationships
Questions to ask ourselves:
- How is my relationship with God?
- How is my relationship with my family? Parents? Siblings? Spouse?
- How are my friendships? #RevivalFriendships
- How are my relationships in my school, workplace, and community?
- How are my relationships in Church?