Prophetic Roadmap for 2019
2019 is a year:
- That will rise and fall on our prayer lives.
- To step out into new things that God is doing in your life.
- For a new level of maturity.
- To grow in and develop our faith and to exercise our faith
- To stand with our church family members who are believing for spouses
- For us to focus our prayer/action on the upcoming National Elections
- For us to contend for revival
LIVING BY FAITH
This is a year to grow in and develop our faith and to exercise our faith
- Habakkuk 2:4 (NKJV) – … But the just shall live by faith
- Romans 1:17 (NKJV) – …“The just shall live by faith.”
- Galatians 3:11 (NKJV) -…for “the just shall live by faith.”
- Hebrews 10:38 (NKJV) – Now the just shall live by faith…
The Just (those who are made righteous in Christ) are called to LIVE BY Faith
Live by =
- to agree with and follow something
- to survive by (doing something)
- Some of us have a Sunday morning faith BUT we are called to live by faith
- Some of us are dabbling in faith BUT we are called to live by faith
- Some of us are using faith as a last resort BUT we are called to live by faith
- Some of us are living off someone else’s faith BUT we are called to live by faith
So this leads us to two very important questions: What is faith? How do I live by faith?
What is Faith?
Let’s look at Abraham – the Father of Faith
Genesis 15:1-6 (NKJV) – After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” 2 But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!” 4 And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” 5 Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”
6 And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness
Faith is a conscious decision, of our will, to “believe God and to act on what we believe”
An Example: Salvation
- Ephesians 2:8 – “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.”
- We heard the good news about Jesus and what He did for us and WE BELIEVED IT and we ACTED ON IT
- Mark 10:46-52 – Bartimaeus heard that Jesus healed and HE BELIEVED IT and he ACTED ON IT
- Mark 5:25-34 – The woman with the issues of blood heard that Jesus healed and SHE BELIEVED IT and she ACTED ON IT.
How Do I Live by Faith?
FAITH = Hearing, Believing and Acting
1) Living by Faith = HEARING the Word
- Romans 10:17 (NKJV) – So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- The more we hear the Word of God the more we will grow in our faith
- There is no way we can live by faith if we are inconsistent in hearing the Word of God
- If we are going to live by faith we need to be in the word of God daily
2) Living by Faith = BELIEVING the Word
- Believing is ultimately a choice
- This is where the battle is often at – there is a war over what we believe
- Mark 9:22-24 (NKJV) – 22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” 23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
- We need to make the daily (hourly, minute by minute) choice to believe
3) Living by Faith = ACTING on the Word
- James 2:26 (NKJV) – 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
- Our faith is “energized” by our actions
- You believe God… so what are you going to do about it?
Matt 8:5-13 – The Centurion with Great Faith