Prophetic Roadmap for 2019
2019 is a year:
- That will rise and fall on our prayer lives.
- To step out into new things that God is doing in your life.
- For a new level of maturity.
- To grow in and develop our faith and to exercise our faith
- To stand with our church family members who are believing for spouses
- For us to focus our prayer/action on the upcoming National Elections
- For us to contend for revival
A HEART TO BUILD
Legacy = something tangible (that is built) that is passed from one generation to another
I want to encourage you about having a heart for and getting involved in what God is building here at TCC
Matthew 16:18 (ESV) – And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
We see clearly in this passage that Jesus was very intent about building His Church
- Is not a building but is ‘called out ones’
- We have the “Universal Church” which refers to His people around the world
- We have the “Local Church” which refers to groups of believers who meet in a specific location
- We have the “Extended Church” which refers to believers going into the various spheres of culture
- Construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or materials together over a period of time
- Commission, finance, and oversee the building of something
- To establish and develop over a period of time
- To increase to size, intensity or extent of
Jesus was very clear about His intention to build His Church – and He is looking for people who are going to carry this same heart.
- Good Question: Do I have heart to build His church?
- Do I have a heart for the “Universal Church”?
- Do I have a heart for the “Extended Church”?
- Do I have a heart for my “Local Church”?
For this message I want to particularly focus on having a heart for the local Church – in this, I’m referring to Toronto City Church… this family that we are building together.
Good Question: Where is my heart at regarding building our local church?
There are different postures we can take regarding our church. We can be:
What posture are you taking?
Some Characteristics of Builders:
- Love their Church
- Show Up
- Reach out to People
What about me? What about my life and my dreams and my calling and my purpose?
Here are Toronto City Church we are Family – and we are so committed to seeing you walk out the purposes of God for your life
Hagai 1:2-11 (ESV) – 2 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: These people say the time has not yet come to rebuild the house of the Lord.” 3 Then the word of the Lord came by the hand of Haggai the prophet, 4 “Is it a time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, while this house lies in ruins?
Principle: Take care of “God’s House” and He will take care of your house!
Matthew 6:33 (ESV) – 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.