Prophetic Roadmap for 2019
2019 is a year…
- That will rise and fall on our prayer lives.
- To step out into new things that God is doing in your life.
- For a new level of maturity.
- To grow in and develop our faith and to exercise our faith
- To stand with our church family members who are believing for spouses
- For us to focus our prayer/action on the upcoming National Elections
- For us to contend for revival
ON GUARD – THREE ENEMIES OF COMING TOGETHER
“Sunday Funday” is about having fun, and building community – but I also wanted to take some time to talk about the importance of why we do this. Why do we gather together on Sundays? What’s the big deal?
My heart is that we would be a people who value coming together, who prioritize coming together, and who prepare their hearts to come together.
This week I want to talk to you about several enemies we need to guard against:
Hebrews 10:25 (TPT) – 25 This is not the time to pull away and neglect meeting together, as some have formed the habit of doing, because we need each other! In fact, we should come together even more frequently, eager to encourage and urge each other onward as we anticipate that day dawning.
Enemy #1 – Relational Isolationism
- Christianity is meant to happen in the context of family. It’s a “team sport”. God never intended for us to do this on our own! We need each other.
- When we get ‘family’. When we get we ’need’ each other. When there is a sense of ’team’ then gathering together becomes massively important to us.
- The challenge: Many of us, often because of hurt, pain, personality, have built “Jericho Walls” around our lives to keep ourselves “safe”. The problem is the walls that keep us “safe” keep us alone – and hinder our ability to connect.
- If we consciously, or sub-consciously isolate ourselves from relationships we will never experience what God has for us as we come together.
- “In many churches, we have as much as connection to the people who are our supposedly family as we would to someone who visited the same movie theatre as us” Francis Chan
- “If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together” – African Proverb
SOLUTION: We have to make a decision that I’m going to do life with people. I will go on a journey of healing and growth and with the Lord’s help take my walls down.
Enemy #2 – Offense
- One of the key things that will cause us to pull away is offense – unforgiveness and bitterness towards one another
- Luke 17:1a (NKJV) – Then He said to the disciples, “It is impossible that no offenses should come…
- When you are part of a church family it is impossible that you will not be offended at some point along the way.
- The enemy would love to use offense to cause you to ‘pull away’ – whether it is in your heart or literally.
- When you become offended it damages your ability to see, your ability to connect and your ability to receive
- Don’t allow the enemy to uproot you, or neutralize you through offence!
SOLUTION: Make these 5 Commitments:
- Commit to a lifestyle of forgiveness
- Believe the best about others and their heart and intentions
- Practice Matthew 18 conflict resolution – if someone offends me I will go to them and make it right
- Refuse to entertain negativity
- Guard your inner conversations
Enemy #3 – A Temporal Perspective
- “Encourage and urge each other onward as we anticipate that day dawning”
- When the Bible refers to “that Day” it is referring to the day of Judgement
- The Bible tells us of two judgement seats:
- The Great White Throne of Judgement (Revelation 20:11-15 ESV) – this is where we are judged for our sins. All who’s names are found in the book of Life will be saved. All who’s names are not will be cast into the Lake of Fire.
- The Judgement Seat of Christ (2 Cor 5:10 ESV) – this is a judgement seat for believers where we will be judged based on our obedience to the Lord and our service of him.
- The Great White Throne judgement will determine where people will spend eternity. The Judgement Seat of Christ will determine how we spend eternity.
- It’s very easy for us to lose sight of eternity and to just live ourselves.
SOLUTION: As we grow in our passion for seeing people saved, and serving Jesus with all our hearts than our value, priority and preparation for gathering will increase!
I was blessed by this! Thank you for this wonderful write