Get connected in what God is doing at TCC:
- Growth Track
A PROSPEROUS SOUL
3 John 2 (NKJV) – Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
- Focus: “Beloved” – we are loved by God
- Focus: “Prayer” – there is a call for each of us to go deeper in prayer in this season.
- Focus: “Prosper”
- God’s will is for you to prosper!
- Prosper = To favour, to render successful or to succeed, to grow or increase, to thrive, to make gain
- Focus: “In all things” – God wants you to succeed, grow, increase, thrive IN ALL THINGS! This does mean you won’t have battle or struggles… it just means no matter what you will win!
- Focus “In Health” – Not only does God want you to prosper but he wants you to be in health
- Health = The state of being free from illness or injury, to be in sound physical or mental condition
- 1 Peter 2:24 (ESV) – … By his wounds you have been healed.
God’s will is that you would prosper and be in health in all things! (See “Who I Am in Christ” below…)
KEY: Just as your soul prospers
- Just because this is God’s will for us doesn’t mean it will automatically happen… the key is the prosperity of our soul
- The degree to which we walk in ’walk in all God has for us’ is directly connected to the degree of ’soul prosperity’ that we cultivate
- How prosperous is your soul?
Your Soul = Your mind, your will, and your emotions
How’s your mind today?
- Romans 12:2 (NKJV) – …be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
- How’s your thinking today? God wants to work with you in this season to change the way you think – about Him, about yourself, about your circumstances…
How’s your will today?
- Mark 11:36 (NLT) – Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.
- Is Jesus your Lord or just your saviour? Do we pray “I want you will, not mine” or do we pray “I want my will”?
- Are you submitted to the will of God in every area of your life?
How are your emotions today?
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 (ESV) – for we walk by faith, not by sight.
- Romans 12:10-11 (ESV) – …Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
- Emotions are not bad… they are part of how God has created us.
- They are terrible leaders though, and great followers. Our feelings are meant to follow our faith but often we are led by our feelings. Are your emotions leading you today or are they following your faith?
- That being said, there are many of us who are stunted in our emotions. When you read the Bible you see that a Christian is supposed to be passionate, fervent, experiencing love, joy, peace, rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep, hating evil, moved with compassion and so much more.
- For many of us, there is an emotional disconnect that the Lord wants to heal. He wants to bring us to a place of emotional health.
A prosperous soul is a mind that is renewed by the Word of God, a will that is fully submitted to the Lordship of Jesus, and emotions that are healthy, strong and in their right place.
Proverbs 4:23 (NIV) – Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
In this Fall season the Lord is calling us to allow Him to work on our souls – to change the way we think, to come into a greater place of yieldedness to His Spirit, to a place of emotional health – will we say yes?
Who I Am in Christ
- I am complete in Him Who is the head over all rule and authority—of every angelic and earthly power (Colossians 2:10).
- I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
- I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
- I am far from oppression, and will not live in fear (Isaiah 54:14).
- I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).
- I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).
- I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).
- I have the peace of God that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7).
- The Spirit of God, who is greater than the enemy in the world, lives in me (1 John 4:4).
- I have received abundant grace and the gift of righteousness and reign in life through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).
- I have received the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my heart enlightened, so that I know the hope of having life in Christ (Ephesians 1:17-18).
- I have received the power of the Holy Spirit and He can do miraculous things through me.I have authority and power over the enemy in this world (Mark 16:17-18; Luke 10:17-19).
- I am renewed in the knowledge of God and no longer want to live in my old ways or nature before I accepted Christ (Colossians 3:9-10).
- I am merciful, I do not judge others, and I forgive quickly. As I do this by God’s grace, He blesses my life (Luke 6:36-38).
- God supplies all of my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
- In all circumstances I live by faith in God and extinguish all the flaming darts (attacks) of the enemy (Ephesians 6:16).
- I can do whatever I need to do in life through Christ Jesus who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13).
- I am chosen by God who called me out of the darkness of sin and into the light and life of Christ so I can proclaim the excellence and greatness of who He is (1 Peter 2:9).
- I am born again—spiritually transformed, renewed and set apart for God’s purpose—through the living and everlasting word of God (1 Peter 1:23).
- I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ to do good works that He has prepared for me to do (Ephesians 2:10).
- I am a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- In Christ, I am dead to sin—my relationship to it is broken—and alive to God—living in unbroken fellowship with Him (Romans 6:11).
- The light of God’s truth has shone in my heart and given me knowledge of salvation through Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6).
- As I hear God’s Word, I do what it says and I am blessed in my actions (James 1:22, 25).
- I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17). I am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me (Romans 8:37).
- I overcome the enemy of my soul by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
- I have everything I need to live a godly life and am equipped to live in His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3-4).
- I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20). I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).
- I am the righteousness of God—I have right standing with Him—in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit; I belong to Him (1 Corinthians 6:19).
- I am the head and not the tail, and I only go up and not down in life as I trust and obey God (Deuteronomy 28:13).
- I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
- I am chosen by God, forgiven and justified through Christ. I have a compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness and patience (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).
- I am redeemed—forgiven of all my sins and made clean—through the blood of Christ (Ephesians 1:7).
- I have been rescued from the domain and the power of darkness and brought into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).
- I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).
- My life is rooted in my faith in Christ and I overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done for me (Colossians 2:7).
- I am called to live a holy life by the grace of God and to declare His praise in the world (Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).
- I am healed and whole in Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).
- I am saved by God’s grace, raised up with Christ and seated with Him in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:5-6; Colossians 2:12).
- I am greatly loved by God (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).
- I am strengthened with all power according to His glorious might (Colossians 1:11).
- I humbly submit myself to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).
- I press on each day to fulfill God’s plan for my life because I live to please Him (Philippians 3:14).
- I am not ruled by fear because the Holy Spirit lives in me and gives me His power, love and self-control (2 Timothy 1:7).
- Christ lives in me, and I live by faith in Him and His love for me (Galatians 2:20).