01: HOLY AMBITION
- Over the past several months I really felt a stirring from the Lord for fresh vision for Toronto City Church in 2020.
- This decade will be one of building! There are so many prophecies/promises over this church that have yet to be fulfilled and I believe that this decade is a time that we will see breakthrough in so many areas.
- This would not replace what we have built up to this point… but sharpen it and really push us forward in a new way
- As I meditated on this though, I felt the Lord say – “Make sure in January that you start with people in their individual lives because I want to speak powerfully to every person about the destiny, purpose and calling that I have for their life”
Acts 13:36 (ESV) – 36 For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was laid with his fathers and saw corruption,
- We all have a set and limited amount of time here on the earth
- God has plans and purposes in every generation
- You and I are called to serve the purposes of God in our generation
You were born for more…
Progression of Purpose:
- Level 1 – Receive Christ
- Level 2 – Get your life in order
- Level 3 – Begin to walk in destiny, purpose and calling
- Many believers get stuck at “Level 2” and never really move into “Level 3”
- 2020: it’s time for you to “LEVEL UP” and walk in destiny/purpose/calling in a new way
God is calling us to be a people of “Holy Ambition”
- In the world, we have often walked in a selfish ambition
- We come to Christ or decide we want to go deeper in Him and so we reject ’selfish ambition’ (rightly so) but often because of that we become passive. This is not God’s best.
Holy Ambition – is to carry a passion for the purposes of God in your generation. It’s the desire to want to do something great for God. It’s the passion to do what you were born to do.
The Apostle Paul was an excellent example of someone who lived with a “Holy Ambition”
- 1 Cor. 15:10 (ESV) – 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
- 1 Cor 9:24-27 (ESV) – 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- 2 Timothy 4:6-8 (ESV) – 6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
- Philippians 3:12-14 (NKJV) – 12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
It’s time for you to take a massive step deeper into your destiny, purpose and calling
It’s time for you to take a massive step forward in walking in Holy Ambition
It’s time for you to take a massive step up to lay hold of that for which He laid hold of you
It’s time to go FORWARD… and that is why we are doing the 2020 FAST FORWARD
Matthew 7:7 (ESV) – 7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
For the next 20 days we are going to:
- Ask – and it will be given to us
- Seek – and we will find
- Knock – and the door will be opened