02: DON’T DO IT
- God wants to speak to us about our destiny, purpose and calling
- We are called to be people of Holy Ambition – those who have a passion to serve His purposes in our generation
- We have set aside these 20 days of prayer and fasting to ‘ask, seek, knock’
- I really sensed to pick up where we left off on Friday Night… Pastor Sharon was sharing about the word the Lord gave her about ‘you are dragging, because you are dragging’
I want to talk to encourage you in two things you need to cut off coming into 2020:
1. UNREPENTANT SIN
Hebrews 12:14 (ESV) – 14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
(TPT) – 14 In every relationship be swift to choose peace over competition, and run swiftly toward holiness, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord
- Holiness means to be set apart from sin, unto God. It’s not just about what I don’t do, but about my pursuit of Him!
- Sin is a destiny killer – you can have sin, or you can have destiny, purpose and calling but you can’t have both
- Romans 6:23 (ESV) – 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Story: Conversation with Micah in the car
- 1 John 1:9 (ESV) – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
- Song of Solomon 2:15 (ESV) – Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyards are in blossom.”
One of the greatest enemies of you walking in your destiny, purpose and calling is going to be FEAR
Joshua 1:1-9 (ESV) – …9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Joshua was taking over for Moses
- He felt afraid and overwhelmed by the task
- He was commanded to be strong and courageous – to not be frightened or dismayed
- In the same way God is calling us to step out in this new year and new decade
- We will “feel’ afraid and overwhelmed by the task
- We need to choose to be strong and courageous
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
- Story: when I started the Youth Bible Study, when I started CWL, when I took over at TCC… there was always a wall of fear
Proverbs 29:25 (ESV) – The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.
- Fear can masquerade as many things – wisdom, caution, humility… whatever form it is in it is a snare. We need to put our trust in the Lord!
In the name of Jesus in 2020 you will not bow your knee to fear but you will go forward!
- Isaiah 41:10 (ESV) – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV) – For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- 1 John 4:18 (ESV) – There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
- Psalm 34:4 (ESV) – I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
- Romans 8:15 (ESV) – For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”
- Psalm 27:1 (ESV) – The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalm 56:3 (ESV) – When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
- Psalm 23:4 (ESV) – Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Genesis 25:29-34 (ESV) – … 34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.