03: WALKING THROUGH THE OPEN DOORS
Revelation 3:8 (ESV) – I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
Prophet Yul Crawford: 2020 is the Year of the Open Door
- We started this fast talking about HOLY AMBITION – is to carry a passion for the purposes of God in your generation. It’s the desire to want to do something great for God. It’s the passion to do what you were born to do.
- We have been believing God to speak about destiny, purpose, and calling
- Many of us have heard things already… some perhaps not. Either way – expect God to continue to speak to you as we go forward.
2020 is significant in that it is literally a new era. One of the words God has given is that we’re going to grow into our own skin. What do I mean by that? We’re going to grow into the purpose of God that He has for us. It’s time to intentionally say: what is my purpose, where am I going in life, and how do I achieve that? And how do I do come into conversion – a place where our full gifts, our full abilities are used? It’s a very exciting season.
Of course, it will be a challenging season as well. Any time you’re going to a new level – we used to say, “New levels, new devils” – there will be some resistance. Think about going into the Promised Land, how there was resistance and there were giants that met them when they went into the Promised Land. If you’ve heard me speak very much, you know what I say: If you’re going into your Promised Land (your purpose, your destiny, what God has for you), and you’re not having any pushback (there are no giants in the land), then you’re not going in the right direction. There will be Jerichos to take, so there will be battles, but it’s going to be exciting. When you’re going the way the Lord has for you, there is that surety inside of you most of the time that, “Wow, this is what I am made for. I’m just created to do this.” And I believe that for you.
All of you are listening to this, and we want to give you hope for your future. Maybe you’ve gone through terrible times of loss, terrible times when you feel like you’ve had setbacks, but I want to say to you: believe God. Believe God that He does have something wonderful for you, no matter how many things have happened to you, how much loss. I think many of us in the past few years have lost family members; there are things that have happened to us that we didn’t want to happen. Sometimes it can make us feel out of control. But this is a year where we are literally starting, not only a new decade, but a new era.
1 Corinthians 16:9 (ESV) – For a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries
- God is placing open doors in front of us but we have to have Holy Ambition to walk through them
- I want to encourage you in several open doors I believe God wants us to step into in this “new era”:
The Open Door to Go Higher in our Walk with Him!
Revelation 4:1 (ESV) – After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
- “Come up here!” – There is a call for you to go higher
- “I will show you!” – God wants to bring you into a greater place of revelation in 2020
- Word on Friday Night… there is an opportunity
Ephesians 2:6 (ESV) – and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
Romans 8:34 (ESV) – Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us
- Being seated with Christ speaks of our authority in Him.
- Spiritual Warfare is in the “Second Heaven” but we are called to operate from our heavenly position of being seated with Him in the “Third Heaven”
- One of the primary ways we walk in this authority is the way he does – through intercession and prayer
- In 2019 we said it was a year to go deeper in prayer… in 2020 the call is the same and even more urgent. We need to go deeper in prayer!!!
The Open Door to Reach People with the Love of Jesus
Col 4:3 (ESV) – At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison
- There is an open door for us to reach people with the love of Jesus Christ
- We are called to be a Rescue Ship Church, not a Cruise Ship Church
- It is so easy for us to still fall into the Cruise Ship Trap
- We have to fight for the right mentality… we are here to work together to bring people to Jesus
Matt 9:35-38 (ESV) – 35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
Rescue Ship Christians:
- See the multitudes
- Have compassion – a deep love that moves you to action
- Work (2 Timothy 4:5 (ESV) – As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.)
The Open Door for Healing, Signs, and Wonders
Matthew 9:35 (ESV) – 35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction.
Romans 15:19 (ESV) – 19 by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God—so that from Jerusalem and all the way around to Illyricum I have fulfilled the ministry of the gospel of Christ;
- Healing (and signs and wonders) are an absolutely vital part of the gospel
- We have a good theology but we need to press into walking in the reality
- Healing cannot be an optional side issue for us… it has to be central to what we do… because it was central to what Jesus did
- You can argue with theology but you cannot argue with power. Beyond “winning arguments” though… God loves people and wants them to be free!
Practical – for the foreseeable future, on the first Sunday of every month we are going to focus the entire service on pressing into healings and miracles.
God is going to open doors, but we need to go through it together!
- It’s time to go all in for Jesus Christ
- We need every person in this church family to step up to a new level
- Get involved in Connexions
- Get involved in Serving
- Step up in giving – next week with First Fruits is a good place to start.