Genesis 8:22 (ESV) – 22 While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.
- Obviously, this is a natural principle, but it’s also a spiritual one
Galatians 6:7-9 (ESV) – Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
2 Corinthians 9:6-10 (ESV) – 6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 9 As it is written, “He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.” 10 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
1 Peter 1:23 (ESV) – 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
- Important Key – We see here that the Word of God is seed… and incorruptible seed
Mark 4:2-20 (NKJV) – …14 The sower sows the word…
There are several things I want you to catch from this passage:
- Vs. 13 – And he said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?
- The sower sows the Word. We see again, that the Word is seed
- Where is the soil that the word is being sown in?
- Vs. 15 – When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts
- How was it sown? When they HEARD it.
Here is how the Spiritual Law works:
- Words are seed
- Your heart is the soil
- The seeds get in your heart through what you hear
- Your heart will grow whatever seed is sown in it
Proverbs 4:23 (ESV) – Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
NIV – Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Question: What is your heart growing right now?
- Romans 10:17 – So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ…
- Romans 10:10 – For with the heart man believes…
- When you HEAR the Word your heart grows faith
- When I watch/listen to something that is filled with fear?
- If you HEAR fear your heart will grow fear
- When I watch/listen to something that is filled with lust?
- If you HEAR Lust your heart is going to grow lust
- When I watch/listen to something that is filled with anger/rage?
- If you HEAR anger/rage your heart is going to grow anger/rage
What if one of the enemy’s main strategies… as the god of this world… was to get his seed into your heart?
Mark 4:24 (ESV) – 24 And he said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you.
Phil 4:8-9 (ESV) – Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Psalm 101:3 (NKJV) – I will set nothing wicked before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not cling to me.
- What happens to the person who says “it’s not that big of a deal… don’t be legalistic”?
- What happens to a person who comes to church on Sunday, does a little devotional… but then spends hours each day watching/listening to stuff that is ungodly?
The G.I.G.O. Principle: Garbage In, Garbage Out OR Godly In, Godly Out – it’s your choice!
Daniel 1:1-20 (ESV) – …And in every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters that were in all his kingdom.