Special Focus: ALTAR’D: 21 Days of Transformation
- We will kick off Sunday, January 6th and run from the 7th to the 27th
- Theme Verse: Romans 12:1 (TPT) – Beloved friends, what should be our proper response to God’s marvelous mercies? I encourage you to surrender yourselves to God to be his sacred, living sacrifices. And live in holiness, experiencing all that delights his heart. For this becomes your genuine expression of worship.
- ALTAR’D – Altar: to build an altar in our lives… and offer our lives as scared, living sacrifices. Alter: to be changed – we are believing for change in each one of our lives.
- We are going to:
- Fast – we are going to encourage everyone to fast in some capacity for the 21 days
- Pray – we are going to have daily prayer targets, prayer calls.
- Read – we are going to read the word of God together.
- Watch – we have daily video devotionals
- Gather together – we are going to come together for prayer/worship on the Friday nights
Continue reading →
- Let’s start 2019 by putting God first and set our course for what He wants to do in the coming year.
#02: GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN
A) I want to talk to you about our LEGACY Breakout Offering on Sunday, June 24th
B) Legacy = something tangible that is passed from one generation to another
C) This year Toronto City Church is celebrating 30 years. Church Without Limits would have been celebrating its 18th Anniversary. What we are experiencing now is because there were many people who have prayed, served, been faithful, scarfed and sowed… some who are here and some who are not. They have left a legacy to us.
D) We are coming into a new season of faith, contending, praying, sowing and sacrificing for what God wants to do in the next 30 years and we are going to pay the price now to leave a legacy for the next generation. We are going to be FUTURE focused.
E) For the next season, our LEGACY Offering is going to focus on two key thrusts: we are going to attack our mortgage and we are going to strategically invest in key advancements.
F) Our mortgage is currently $2.6 million. Last year we were able to take an extra $60,000 off of it and our goal is that every year we will continue to go above and beyond our regular payments to pay it down. We are believing the Lord to be debt-free. And we still have Phase 3 to build.
G) Next week I’m going to talk about some of the other elements of this years offering.
H) I want to call on every member of our church family to seek God and give into this special offering (above your regular tithes and offerings)
I) We are also going to be starting the LEGACY Company – a group of people who are committed to give above and beyond in the vision/mission of TCC in a strategic way and help us push forward into the future. Continue reading →