Special Focus: ALTAR’D: 21 Days of Transformation
- We will kick off Sunday, January 6th and run from the 7th to the 27th
- Theme Verse: Romans 12:1 (TPT) – Beloved friends, what should be our proper response to God’s marvelous mercies? I encourage you to surrender yourselves to God to be his sacred, living sacrifices. And live in holiness, experiencing all that delights his heart. For this becomes your genuine expression of worship.
- ALTAR’D – Altar: to build an altar in our lives… and offer our lives as scared, living sacrifices. Alter: to be changed – we are believing for change in each one of our lives.
- We are going to:
- Fast – we are going to encourage everyone to fast in some capacity for the 21 days
- Pray – we are going to have daily prayer targets, prayer calls.
- Read – we are going to read the word of God together.
- Watch – we have daily video devotionals
- Gather together – we are going to come together for prayer/worship on the Friday nights
Continue reading →
- Let’s start 2019 by putting God first and set our course for what He wants to do in the coming year.
1 Corinthians 16:9 (ESV) – for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
- We are in a season where great and effective doors are going to be opening…
- I’m sensing a double focus – stepping through doors but also preparing for doors that are about to open
- …but there will also be many adversaries
If we are going to walk through these doors… (and even beyond that… simply because God is our heavenly Father and He wants us to mature and grow) each one of us needs to allow the Lord to do work in our hearts.
- We need allow God to work in us so He can work with us and through us
- The degree to which will allow the Lord to work in our hearts is directly proportionate to the degree to which we will walk in our destiny/purpose
- In this season each one of us needs to allow the Lord to work in our hearts.
Psalm 139:23-24 (TPT) – 23 God, I invite your searching gaze into my heart. Examine me through and through; find out everything that may be hidden within me. Put me to the test and sift through all my anxious cares. 24 See if there is any path of pain I’m walking on, and lead me back to your glorious, everlasting ways—the path that brings me back to you.
Continue reading →
#3 – SURRENDERED: REFLECTIONS FROM THIS WEEK
A) As all of you are aware this past Monday we experienced a horrific tragedy here in Toronto. 10 people lost their lives. 16 were injured. Many more were devastated and traumatized by the events. I felt that it was really important that as a church family and spiritual community that we took some time to process together and pray into all that has happened.
B) I have taken quite a bit of time to pray/reflect this week. I have asked the Lord how we should be responding. I want to share on several key things that have impacted my heart, and I believe they will impact yours as well. Continue reading →
If these notes look familiar it’s because they were the same notes as last week… I only made it through the Personal portion and decided to bump the Corporate and City/Nation parts to this week.
#2 – WORD OF THE LORD: 2018
I FIRST FRUITS 2018 OFFERING
Proverbs 3:9-10 (Passion) – Glorify God with all your wealth, honouring him with your very best (or first fruits), with every increase that comes to you. Then every dimension of your life will overflow with blessings from an uncontainable source of inner joy.
A) One of our practices here at Toronto City Church is to bring a special offering to the Lord at the beginning of the year – we call it our ‘First Fruits’ Offering. We will be taking this up on Sunday, February 4th, 2018.
1) This offering is an expression of our love for God
2) This offering is an expression of our commitment to God
3) This offering is an expression of our dependence on God
4) This offering is an expression of our faith in God
2 Cor 9:6-8 (Passion) – Here’s my point. A stingy sower will reap a meager harvest, but the one who sows from a generous spirit will reap an abundant harvest. Let giving flow from your heart, not from a sense of religious duty. Let it spring up freely from the joy of giving – all because God loves hilarious generosity! Yes God is more than ready to overwhelm you with every form of grace, so that you will have more than enough of everything – every moment in every way. He will make you overflow with abundance in every good thing you do. Continue reading →