It’s been a busy couple weeks in “Witton World”… lots going on at Toronto City Church, my wife was away for 10 days but I still had time to dig into some great resources this week. Here are a few of the ones that really got my attention:
- Podcast: How to Motivate Your Team by Craig Groeschel – Craig is right there at the top for practical leadership instruction. Very solid teaching.
- Podcast: A Culture of Collaboration by Andy Stanley – Andy has some excellent insights on how to create a culture of collaboration in your ministry/organization.
- Podcast: Exploring the Prophetic with Shawn Bolz – great podcast. I love Shawn’s ministry and he has top notch guests on with him who have great conversations about the prophetic in our lives. One of the things I love most about Shawn is how humble he is, and how much he ‘despookify’s’ (not sure if that is real word) the prophetic.
- Three By-Law Changes Needed to Break 100, 200, 400 and 600 by Brian Jones – now for many of you this one will not be your cup of tea, but if you are church leadership you will find it healthy. By-laws/structure is not on the top of most of our reading list but it’s so vital to healthy church and ministry.
- ‘The only electricity we use is one lamp’: Apple execs, Facebook billionaires embrace tech diets for devices, services they helped create” – Financial Post – I have heard my friend James Kelly from FaithTech talk about this before but it’s a very interesting read about how a lot of the execs of major companies are limiting their and their families use of the very technologies they are creating.
- How Pastoral Care Stunts the Growth of Most Churches by Carey Nieuwhof – really, really good wisdom from Carey for every Pastor and church leadership team member.
- 9 Characteristics of the Modern-Day Remnant Church by Joseph Mattera – I think articles like this are really key with the day and age that we are coming into. Some good thought provoking content.
Thanks for taking the time to read. Feel free to leave a comment below. If you would like to have new posts delivered directly to your e-mail please click on the folder icon in the menu bar above and enter your e-mail address to subscribe.
Photo by Rob Laughter on Unsplash